Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Advice for Romeo

Dear Romeo,

What were you thinking? i understand that you were upset about Tybalt killing Mercutio, and that you wanted to get revenge on him, but you have really messed up. Tybalt was Juliet's cousin, you just ruined any chance of her family accepting the marriage. How could you let yourself do that? The Prince just made it clear that he didn't want the Montages and the Capulets fighting anymore, or else serious punishment will take place. You just went against everything he said. I do understand that this isn't entirely your fault, i know that Tybalt killed Mercutio after you tried to stop the fight. But that doesn't mean that what you did was right. Right now i think its best for you to accept your punishment, at least you aren't having your life taken for what you did like lady capulet wanted. You should just leave verona and hope that this will all slowly be forgotten and that one day soon, you will be able to come back. As for seeing juliet, you should stay in touch with her but don't do anything rash to try and be with her. i know it will be hard but you can't risk messing anything else up, and getting death as your punishment. I am sorry about Mercutio. I hope that everything works out okay.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you explained your opinion on Romeo's situation, but still acknowledged that you understand where he was coming from. I think this was a good choice because it shows that you understand both sides of your argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good. I agree with you when you said he should stay out of trouble until this is forgotten because then he might be able to come back to Verona

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great advice! i like the tone you used it was like stern but caring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great advice.

    ReplyDelete